We are celebrating the arrival of Fall with a special on our Blueberry Jessner peel! This peel is my absolute favorite for kicking up the peeling process a notch and doing some serious remodeling.
Let’s look at what the key ingredients are in this magical Jessner peel:
- Salicylic acid is my ‘go-to’ ingredient when it comes to fighting blemishes. This gentle but effective acid is great at sapping up extra oil and killing bacteria.
- Lactic acid is unique because it exfoliates and hydrates the skin at the same time. Those with sensitive skin will love the smoothing effects.
- Blueberry extract is part of what makes this peel so yummy! Blueberries are known for their powerful antioxidant properties, which work to bring life to lackluster skin.
It’s important to understand that undergoing a peel such as this requires some prior skin preparation. You certainly don’t want to have a Bluebrry Jessner be your very first peel experience! Since the depth of this peel is light-medium, it can take a few layers of skin off the surface. In order to minimize shock to the skin, it’s best to have the skin familiar with deeper homecare exfoliation. I always recommend that my clients be on a resurfacing ingredient such as retinol for at least 30 days prior to experiencing their first Jessner peel. Some great products I typically suggest are:
1. Serum 24 contains a unique blend of LG-Retinex retinol complex, encapsulated retinol, and retinaldehyde. Is that enough vitamin A for you?
2. Refine RX dramatically exfoliates the skin with 12% AGP Retinol complex.
3. X-Cell+ is my favorite tag team combination of brightening extracts and retinol. This product is great for inhibiting melanin production and discouraging the appearance of skin discoloration.
The aftercare from our Blueberry Jessner peel is just as important as the preparation before the treatment. SPF is absolutely mandatory in order to keep the fresh new skin protected. You also want to avoid any excessive heat for the next few days, so that means avoiding hot showers, saunas, or strenuous exercise for the first 7 days post-peel. Remember that taking off layers makes your skin more susceptible to damage, so it’s important to take extra good care of that baby skin!
Pop in for a consultation or book an appointment online to see how our yummy Blueberry Jessner peel can improve your skin: https://squareup.com/appointments/book/14ACFWH4WTKC3/sweet-life-skincare-roswell-ga